Get Premium, aby ukryć wszystkie reklamy
12.05.2021 - 09:02
 Dave (Admin)
AtWar is currently under DDoS attack again. The site was unavailable for a short time early this morning (around 5:30 AM my timezone -- US Pacific time), but is back now.

There will be some captchas to solve for the next few days, or however long until the DDoSer gives up. Sorry about that, but its what we all have to do.

Will keep you posted on this thread about any updates.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
12.05.2021 - 13:10
Dave is it possible to deploy to linux and use an open source reverse proxy with several smaller servers? Would AW app architecture allow for that?
----
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
12.05.2021 - 14:10
 Dave (Admin)
Napisano przez Phoenix, 12.05.2021 at 13:10

Dave is it possible to deploy to linux and use an open source reverse proxy with several smaller servers? Would AW app architecture allow for that?

God I wish we could. But no, the whole atWar backend is built on Microsoft tech stack. So we're stuck on Windows Server for now. And atWar was never designed to scale. We can offload certain things to other servers (and I have), but the main service is not designed to run on multiple servers -- it just sits on one huge ass Windows Server.

My goal is to rewrite the backend using all open source tech which would run on linux and which would support multiple servers. Imagine being able to spin up new servers automatically based on demand!

I've been slowly working on this, just haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to it yet. As of right now it's still a long way off. Someday....
----
--Sun Tzu

Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
12.05.2021 - 15:24
Turn the frontend into the backend then the backend into the frontend
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
12.05.2021 - 16:32
 Dave (Admin)
Napisano przez Tribune Aquila, 12.05.2021 at 15:24

Turn the frontend into the backend then the backend into the frontend

It's so simple, it might actually work!
----
--Sun Tzu

Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
12.05.2021 - 17:11
Completely support Sean's idea.

zoro (crow) is in action, again.
----

Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
12.05.2021 - 21:19
#neverforget

----
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
12.05.2021 - 22:53
 Dave (Admin)
Napisano przez PleaseMe, 12.05.2021 at 21:19

#neverforget

On the old server I'd totally believe 12-15 users from reddit at the same time would have been enough to knock it offline

This time we got hit with literally millions of requests... just to prove I'm not making it up:

Today we were very popular with Russia and China in particular:

----
--Sun Tzu

Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
13.05.2021 - 01:41
Cytuj:
Napisano przez Dave, 12.05.2021 at 22:53

Today we were very popular with Russia

Damn Red Army is really pumping up those numbers.
----
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
13.05.2021 - 02:57
Napisano przez Dave, 12.05.2021 at 22:53

Napisano przez PleaseMe, 12.05.2021 at 21:19

#neverforget

On the old server I'd totally believe 12-15 users from reddit at the same time would have been enough to knock it offline

This time we got hit with literally millions of requests... just to prove I'm not making it up:

Today we were very popular with Russia and China in particular:

Did we have any North Korean visitors in last days? Zoe was saying around he bought a North Korean IP
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
14.05.2021 - 16:09
Napisano przez Dave, 12.05.2021 at 14:10

God I wish we could. But no, the whole atWar backend is built on Microsoft tech stack. So we're stuck on Windows Server for now. And atWar was never designed to scale. We can offload certain things to other servers (and I have), but the main service is not designed to run on multiple servers -- it just sits on one huge ass Windows Server.

My goal is to rewrite the backend using all open source tech which would run on linux and which would support multiple servers. Imagine being able to spin up new servers automatically based on demand!

I've been slowly working on this, just haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to it yet. As of right now it's still a long way off. Someday....

whats it written in
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
03.06.2021 - 12:25
Napisano przez vampire master V, 14.05.2021 at 16:09

Napisano przez Dave, 12.05.2021 at 14:10

whats it written in

I'm afraid it might be c#.
----

Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Prywatność | Warunki korzystania z serwisu | Bannery | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Dołącz do nas na

Podaj dale