Get Premium, aby ukryć wszystkie reklamy
07.10.2011 - 06:11
The topic pretty much sums it all, how can you play effectively using Perfect Defense? I am very curious about it because I am not very good at using it. So hopefully I can improve in that area.

Please provide brief and detailed explanations, thank you!
----
| Dutch Pride or Die |

Position: Officer.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 06:57
  • Never attack enemies cities in the reinforcement week, instead, reinforce your frontiers and wait it to be attacked;
  • Expand neutrals as much as you can, since it's easier to you to capture and defend it than wait for your enemy to try an attack;
  • Avoid using tanks and destroyers, instead keep spamming infantries and some bombers to support you with breaking walls and transports to expand faster;
  • If you have a big stack, always try to protect it with walls, since you can easily be turnblocked if you don't;
  • If your enemy is playing an offensive strategy sometimes it's better to "left" your cities unprotected and let them attack it, so your defense will do the work.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 08:01
Perfect Defence

On our BiteMe coalition forum, we used a topic for all kinds of strategy's. Because i played a lot with PD (i play GW nowdays more), i made this post on our coalition forum, but i will share it with others . Have fun.

1. General style of playing for the strategy
Play defensive, what's in the name , and keep spamming infantry. Don't build any other units except infantry, it's a waste of money if you buy other units (only transports or maybe 1 bomber for turnblock). You need to play the defensive way, never lose a capital city you take. Keep expanding when possible, and build a defenceline around every capital city you take. When a defenceline is destroyed by the enemy; move all your nearby troops in the city, so the enemy will lose there. Also restore the wall at the same time, so you can do a counter attack the next turn. PD has always units for attack; try to use them 1week before the reïnforcements, so it's very hard for the opponent to take it back.

2a. Strong points
- Very, very powerfull in defence (a tank general for example will lose on a 1:1 ratio to your infantry: But infantry costs $40, Tanks more then $100, same with Bombers)
- Even though it has been nerfed, it's still mobile. With (cheap) airtransports you can move around and keep pressure on the enemy
- No real money issues, It's always possible to reinforce and most times it's even possible to reinforce in all your cities within 2 turns. That makes you army bigger and bigger then the enemy; witch cannot afford that much units.
- A PD player is never defeated; unless he's really lost. Even when it looks real worse, when a PD player has country's, it can always fight back and defend well.

2b. Weak points
- Large groups are needed to make real impact therefore:
- It cannot attack on more fronts at the same time
- You need to take your time to build up your defence well (defence lines), and you need to move a lot of units. Therefor 2mins is most times not enough for a CW or for a normal game when you have a lot of territory.
- Weak against GW (see point 3)

3. The ways to oppose different kinds of strategies in a 1 v 1 match
Doesn't work good aganst GW; because a GW player attack on serval places at the same time and can destory many walls in 1 turn, so you don't know in what city the next attack will be. GW also can play on much fronts, PD can't. GW is able to create total chaos; what is disastrous for a PD player. GW > PD
Also against IF will not be easy; IF can hold on the pressure and cap territory at the same time. It's very difficult for PD to expand then, because it has to care for defence too much.
Works very good against all other strats. I think i can say that i've never been beated in a 1on1 by some other strategy then GW or IF.

4. The role of this strategies in a 3 v 3 CW match in the team (perhaps for different kind of combinations).
Works even better in CW's then in 1on1. Because the enemy will not focus on only the PD player, he's able to keep expanding and keep attacking. A PD player will most times be the last one that is defeated when losing, or will be the player that will give the final attack when winning. Also a PD player is able to give good defending support, but is weaker in attacking. It's also not a very agressive strategy; should only used by 1player, when playing a 3v3. When playing in front, PD can hold off the enemy pretty well. When playing in the back, PD can give good attacking/defending support and is able to give money to teammates.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 14:55
These are very good guides, thanks a lot you guys! Now time to see what I can do with Perfect Defense
----
| Dutch Pride or Die |

Position: Officer.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 15:56
Noncompliance
Konto skasowane
I may try PD after those two guides, being a usual GWer. A mobile yet high-defence strategy seems a good counterpart to an ultraoffensive strategy like GW, especially as I cannot play GW right now.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 17:36
 YOBA
Can you recommend some countries to play with?

I can confirm China is OP as hell with PD against Japan and Russia in a really cool scenario I was playing called War of the Empires. Seriously awesome scenario by the way, it's a real shame the creator (jcsalmela) hasn't published it yet.
I hear it's good with Ukraine but IMHO it's weak against Russia:Central in Europe+ unless you have an ally as Russia gets to Northwest very quickly if they're a decent player.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 17:54
5k Europe - Greece
10k Europe - Turkey, Germany and Spain

Another advantage of playing PD is that you can use the full potential of your default troops (those that you begin without counting reinforcements), so picking bigger countries is a good option with PD.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 17:59
The choice will be different in all situation, depending on map and funds:
- When playing 1v1 europe 5k: Greece and Ukraine are the best options: You can expand in the first turn to: Turkey, Italy or Romania and Bulgaria (from greece).
- When playing 1v1 europe 10k: Turkey and Ukraine are the best options
- When playing in a teamgame, you should start somewhere east: Or (if 10k) take Germany/Spain to hold of the opponent.
East europe is better in Europe maps, because you have cities close to expand. Starting in Spain should be an option, but the enemy can hold you off there with bombers and blocking while expanding himself in the east (in case of a 1v1). A good reason to start in the west is because of the money. But PD doesn't really need much money because of the cheap units; therfore it's better to start east. Also, the +100 cities function give an advantage to PD as you have more starting units witch you can use directly.

- If Eurasia 10K usual game: I usually take South-Korea (and expand to Japan, China), Pakistan (and expand to India ans Iran) or somewhere in europe (Turkey, UK for example).
If you have great parts in Asia with PD, that makes you almost unbeatable, because you can use your autobuy function and spam your opponent a huge unstoppable load of infantry that keeps on comming.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 18:29
10k france is fantastic as well. Another thing that might help you; Sure, pd is all about defense so you will mainly use infantry and some bombers to support, break walls and turnblock. But, it is also very important to expand fast and thats why u need to use a bit of tanks for that first turn. Especially in a 1v1 when your enemy is close to you, spam infantries in the cities he will attack on >turn2<, spam bombers and infantry on the cities you know he will attack. (ex; belgium > during a uk vs France 1v1) And finally, use tanks (infantry also depending on the city) when expanding away from your enemy for either reinforcements or income purposes.

Bottom line is that you need to think 1 turn ahead. for example, "I'll attack italy (Rome)this turn with allot of infantry so that the next turn my enemy will have a hard time conquering it since Rome will have tones of infantry, 8 militia (5 def) and the 8 reinforments that can also be infantry.

Anyhow, those are a few tactics i use while playing pd. Hope it helps and have fun playing it
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 20:44
I have to disagree with you Top, since I never used Tanks while playing PD and I don't recommend it either. It's very easy to expand with only infantries (and transports) in the first turn.
----
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 21:31
France cannot capture spain in first turn without tanks. Unless u use an airtransport to bring your extra infantry there. But buying an air transport is just as costly as four tanks.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
07.10.2011 - 23:56
How to win with PD: click "strategy" and select "Iron Fist" instead.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
08.10.2011 - 03:14
Nice one guest14502 !

Good topic... Hug started me with PD way back when I started playing Afterwind... PD never got nerfed in my opinion... And both the guides sum up good points and the point am going to emphasize is is already mentioned by both Hug and Pin...BTW I wish Pin would share his world dominating GW tactic someday with the emphasis on time management... hopefully someday...:)

What PDers should remember always is aggressive Defensive: Kill the attacking force and demoralize the opponent... Easier said than done. It,s a style you have to live with if you play PD. Some aggressive GW and GC tactics can ruin your aggressive defense... Because GW players can play hide and attack on their own terms.. GC players can push hard if they have funds.

I think the important part to remember from both the guides is you need to aggressive push and defend from the attacking force. spread forward and defend...

If you have allies or in a team game my style changes altogether.... I normally save and send money to allies and build stacks... and play simple defense till I have a big stack and can march up to cap and kill the opponent... I play a waiting game and a supporting game with PD if I have good allies or team mates.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
17.04.2012 - 14:24
I've just now been starting to try the different strategies seriously, and I LOVE PD! Most people play so aggressively, its just fun to watch them bash their head against my walls and slowly strangle them.

It's really fun if you have an ally with an attacking strategy, like TG or AM, let them hide behind your wall, and feed them money.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
21.04.2012 - 19:21
Hey, just wanted to add that I've had a good deal more luck using tanks to attack when I have the money, I also reinforce the captured city and build a Garrison around it when I cap it. Not sure if this works outside of Asia, but it's worked very well for me the past few games I've played using PD.
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
01.05.2012 - 17:23
Spam Infantry always works.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
01.05.2012 - 19:59
Don't play against MOS

nuff said tbh
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
23.11.2012 - 09:59
What does GW and IF?
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
23.11.2012 - 10:44
AlexMeza
Konto skasowane
Napisano przez karpin18, 23.11.2012 at 09:59

What does GW and IF?

http://afterwind.com/home/units.php
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
25.11.2012 - 21:46
Napisano przez Guest, 23.11.2012 at 10:44

Napisano przez karpin18, 23.11.2012 at 09:59

What does GW and IF?

http://afterwind.com/home/units.php

thanks bro
Wczytywanie...
Wczytywanie...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Prywatność | Warunki korzystania z serwisu | Bannery | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Dołącz do nas na

Podaj dale